Prof. Eng. Jean Bosco Byiringiro (Ph.D, Reg. Eng.) is a University Professor of Mechatronics Engineering, Director of Siemens Mechatronics Certification Centre at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT), and Visiting Researcher at University Bourgogne Franche Comté / University Franche Comté (France). Prof. Jean Bosco is also a registered as Professional Mechanical Engineer by Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK), WorldSkills Kenya Mechatronics Expert, and Certified as Mechatronics Systems Professional (Designer) by Siemens AG. Germany.
Prof. Jean Bosco had a Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering, area of specialization: Micro/Nano Fabrication, Yeungnam University, South Korea. He had MSc. Mechatronic Engineering, Jomo Kenya University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya and BSc. Electro-Mechanical Engineering, College of Science and Technology, University of Rwanda. Professional Certificate of Secondary Education, Option Electro-Mechanical, École Technique Officielle de Muhima, Rwanda.
Prof. Jean Bosco has over 18 years of both industry and teaching experience. He supervised research/innovation projects at PhD, MSc and BSc levels and published a considerable number of books and papers in peer reviewed journals.
Key Research Interest:
- Development of an Economic Fabrication Technique of a 3D Rapid Micro/Nano-Mask
- Industrie 4.0: Virtual commissioning (Digital Twin, Digital Triplet, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligent, Data Mining, Learning factory, etc.)
- Development of Base and Core Technologies for Nano/Micro-Based Ultra Precision Hybrid Machining Systems.
Relevant Industrie 4.0 journal articles
- Hasan Smajic, Alexander Stekolschik, and Jean B. Byiringiro, Digital Twins for Online Training of AutomationTechniques, ICELW 2020, June 10th-12th, New York, NY, USA
- Gichane, M. M., Byiringiro, J. B., Kibor, A., Nyaga, P. M., &Kirru, C. W. (2020). Digital Triplet Approach for Real-Time Monitoring and Control of an Elevator Security System. Designs, Designs 2020, 4, 9; doi:10.3390/designs4020009
- Nahashon O. Osinde, Jean B. Byiringiro, Michael M. Gichane, and Hasan Smajic, Process Modelling of Geothermal Drilling System Using Digital Twin for Real-Time Monitoring and Control,Molecular Diversity Preservation International and Multidisciplinary (MDPI), Designs 2019, 3(3), 45
- Samuel Kang’iri, Christian Gradl, Jean Byiringiro, and Harrison Ngetha Design and Calibration of a 3D-Printed Cup-Vane Wireless Sensor Node, Designs 2018, 2(3), 21
- Martin Irungu Kamande, Jean Bosco Byiringiro, and Peter Ng’ang’a Muchiri, Artiﬁcial Neural Network Based Model for Temperature Prediction of an Industrial Oven, IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) e-ISSN: 2278-1676, p-ISSN: 2320-3331, Volume 13, Issue 2 Ver. II (Mar. – Apr. 2018), PP 73-79
- TsegaiOkbayYhdego, J. B. Byiringiro, Ominde Fundi Calvine, Optimization of Laser Beam Machining Parameters of Acrylic Board Using Artificial Neural network and Gray Relational Analysis, The International Journals of Engineering and Sciences (IJENS), ISSN: 2227-2771
- Byiringiro J.B., Ikua B.W., Nyakoe G.N., “Fuzzy logic-based controller for Micro- electro discharge machining servo systems”, IEEE Africon 1-2 (2009) 175-180, Kenya