Prof. Eng. Jean Bosco Byiringiro (Ph.D, Reg. Eng.) is an Associate Professor in Mechatronics Engineering and Director of Siemens Mechatronics Certification Centre at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT), and Visiting Researcher at University Bourgogne FrancheComté / University FrancheComté (France).
Prof.Jean Bosco is registered as Professional Mechanical Engineer by Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) and certified as Mechatronics Systems Professional (Designer) by Siemens AG. Germany.
His education background is:
- Ph.D, Mechanical Engineering, area of specialization is Micro/Nano Fabrication, Yeungnam University, South Korea, 2012.
- MSc. Mechatronic Engineering, Jomo Kenya University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya, 2009.
- BSc. Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Kigali Institute of Science and Technology, Rwanda 2005.
- Professional Certificate of Secondary Education, Option Electro-Mechanical, ETO-Muhima, Rwanda 2000.
Prof. Jean Bosco has over 18 years of both industry and teaching experience. He supervised research/innovation projects at PhD, MSc and BSc levels and published a considerable number of books and papers in peer reviewed journals.
Key Research Interest:
- Development of an Economic Fabrication Technique of a 3D Rapid Micro/Nano-Mask
- Industrie 4.0: Virtual commissioning (Digital Twin, Digital Triplet, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligent, Data Mining, Learning factory, etc.)
- Development of Base and Core Technologies for Nano/Micro-Based Ultra Precision Hybrid Machining Systems.
Relevant Industrie 4.0 journal articles
- Hasan Smajic, Alexander Stekolschik, and Jean B. Byiringiro, Digital Twins for Online Training of AutomationTechniques, ICELW 2020, June 10th-12th, New York, NY, USA
- Gichane, M. M., Byiringiro, J. B., Kibor, A., Nyaga, P. M., &Kirru, C. W. (2020). Digital Triplet Approach for Real-Time Monitoring and Control of an Elevator Security System. Designs, Designs 2020, 4, 9; doi:10.3390/designs4020009
- Nahashon O. Osinde, Jean B. Byiringiro, Michael M. Gichane, and Hasan Smajic, Process Modelling of Geothermal Drilling System Using Digital Twin for Real-Time Monitoring and Control,Molecular Diversity Preservation International and Multidisciplinary (MDPI), Designs 2019, 3(3), 45
- Samuel Kang’iri, Christian Gradl, Jean Byiringiro, and Harrison NgethaDesign and Calibration of a 3D-Printed Cup-Vane Wireless Sensor Node, Designs 2018, 2(3), 21
- Martin IrunguKamande, Jean Bosco Byiringiro, and Peter Ng’ang’aMuchiri, Artiﬁcial Neural Network Based Model for Temperature Prediction of an Industrial Oven, IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) e-ISSN: 2278-1676, p-ISSN: 2320-3331, Volume 13, Issue 2 Ver. II (Mar. – Apr. 2018), PP 73-79
- TsegaiOkbayYhdego, J. B. Byiringiro, Ominde Fundi Calvine, Optimization of Laser Beam Machining Parameters of Acrylic Board Using Artificial Neural network and Gray Relational Analysis, The International Journals of Engineering and Sciences (IJENS), ISSN: 2227-2771
- Byiringiro J.B., Ikua B.W., Nyakoe G.N., “Fuzzy logic-based controller for Micro- electro discharge machining servo systems”, IEEE Africon 1-2 (2009) 175-180, Kenya