» Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program (SMSCP) – Level 3
Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program (SMSCP) – Level 3
A Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Professional (Certified Professional) will function as a skilled designer of, and expert on, complex mechatronic systems. A Certified Professional will be able to apply selected project and system engineering practices, like requirements engineering, project management, process management, quality assurance & management, etc. in a project, with the goal to design or improve a mechatronic system upon customer and user needs.
Normally a Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Professional would carry out most of the work in an engineering office environment; however they may also carry out some of their work at production facilities, workshops, and service sites, which use complex mechatronic systems. Certified Professionals usually start their career as a team member of a project team that is responsible for the design, management and improvement of complex mechatronic systems.
He or she will be able to:
- Understand and oversee the complete mechatronic system life cycle(e.g. impact to and from sales, marketing, production, suppliers, maintenance)
- Apply Project Management methods and tools
- Understand the fundamentals of Project Management concepts like PMI and CMMI
- Understand the principals of Team Management
- Define the functional requirements of a mechatronic system with ‘use cases’, interviews with customers and users, and systems modeling techniques;
- Communication and documentation skills
- System understanding
- Perform high-level design by defining appropriate mechatronic systems to perform specific tasks;
- Utilize of design methods and solutions
- Transformation of customer “wish list” into technical mechatronic system specification
- Validation of customer requirements and technical translation
- Utilize knowledge of machine elements, actuators, pneumatics, and electric drives to design particular mechatronic systems;
- Understand and analyze the impact of new/changed mechatronic system parts from a technical point of view
- Select the correct automation technology based on the mechanical and electronic com- position of the system, while taking the functional requirements into account
- Use CAD tools to create and communicate electrical and mechanical design ideas
- Understand alternative engineering solutions – e.g. priority list, cost calculations, etc.
- Design, program and troubleshoot PLC networks
- Develop specifications for automation system communication integration
- Review past system performance and carry out comprehensive system tests, with the aim of locating ways to optimize operations for cost, quality, and efficiency;
- Evaluate components/processes by having test concepts and strategies to make sure that customer requirements are met and fit into the overall mechatronic system lifecycle
- Apply principals of Claim Management, Knowledge Management and Process Management (e.g. performance measurements)
- Design and implement system optimization techniques in an existing mechatronic system
Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Professionals understand how mechatronic systems function at a high level. In contrast to those certified at Levels 1 and 2 (Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Assistant and Associate), they can understand customer requirements and translate them into the technical requirements of complex mechatronic systems. In addition to designing and man- aging new systems, they will be able to optimize and improve existing systems using Project and Process Management methods and tools.
For further information please see the PDF below:
SMSCP Level 3