» Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program (SMSCP)- Level 2
Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program (SMSCP)- Level 2
A Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Associate will function as a highly skilled technician who can work with modules and components in complex mechatronic systems as well as be able to assess and analyze the system as a whole. A certified Associate can manage, investigate, repair and troubleshoot mechatronic systems, with the aim of operational efficiency and cost and process control. A Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Associate would usually carry out their work at production facilities, workshops, or in-service sites that use complex mechatronic systems.
Job skills and activities include:
- Understanding and analyzing the technical specification of mechatronic systems, subsystems, modules and components;
- Deriving and determining parameters for mechatronic systems and system elements;
- Measuring, interpreting and analyzing electrical, PLC/microcontroller and mechanical values;
- Assembling and installing tools and hardware systems;
- Performing scheduled and preventive maintenance;
- Installing, implementing and modifying software tools used in mechatronic systems;
- Using troubleshooting skills to identify, foresee and prevent possible problems, conflicts and failures, and to systematically and intelligently make repairs;
- Programming mechatronic modules and systems, especially PLCs;
- Implementing PLC networks, including configuration and data transfer using bus systems;
- Analyzing system logs;
- Incorporating relevant technical literature into understanding of system operation and using this information to propose procedural and operational changes;
- Observing and incorporating safety standards;
- Applying knowledge of process control technology, including all regulator types;
- Observe, follow, and influence cost control and process efficiency procedures;
- Executing all of the above as an effective member of a team.
Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Associates can see the system as a whole, but can also dive in and work with particular system components. More importantly, they understand how the com- ponents work together. Compared to those certified at Level 1 (Siemens Certified Mechatronic Sys- tems Assistant), they will be both a high- and low-level mechatronic systems expert.
For further information please see the PDF file below:
SMSCP Level 2